Top 10 Bookkeeper embezzlement excuses
10. The casino said I would win.
9. Televangelist tithing ain’t cheap.
8. Baby needs a new pair of shoes, preferably purchased in Paris.
7. I put the “non” in non-profit.
6. If my boss hadn’t wanted me to steal, he wouldn’t have hired a crook.
5. A 1200% raise and I still can’t afford Burning Man tickets.
4. Take a gander at these new implants, big guy!
3. You call it fraud, I call it quantitative easing.
2. Candy is dandy, but cash gets me a whole lotta meth.
And the number one excuse why your bookkeeper is stealing you blind:
1. I was going to pay it back!
Fun fact: With the exception of number 3, (and we’ll leave the Federal Reserve to explain that one) all of these excuses were actually proffered by bookkeepers who were arrested for embezzlement.
© 2016 Aho & Associates